BLUE NOSE - CANADIAN - 1921
Bluenose was a Canadian schooner from Nova Scotia, a celebrated racing ship (and hard-working fishing vessel) and a symbol of the province. The name "bluenose" originated as a nick-name for Nova Scotians from as early as the late eighteenth century. The original Blue Nose was built in Smith & Ruth land's shipyard located in Lunenburg, New Scotland and Canada in 1921 and was commanded by the courageous captain Angus Walters of Lunenburg.
The same year, the Blue Nose won the selection contest for representing Canada at the international schooner competition. It was incredibly fast and always reconquered easily the cup for Canada. It became a living legend and remained victorious, keeping the trophy until 1938. During World War II, the Blue Nose was used for trade with the West Indies and in 1946, Canada was informed that the Blue Nose has ended its career on a coral reef off Haiti. In 1963, colonel Orland De Halifax ordered the construction of an exact replica of the original Blue Nose, he named it Blue Nose II.
|Reference #||Dimensions (LxWxH)||Color|
|BLN033||70 x 11 x 57||Painted|
|BLN034||70 x 11 x 57 cm||Varnished|
|BLN035||103 x 16 x 85 cm||Painted|
|BLN037||135 x 21 x 109 cm||Varnished|