BERLIN - GERMAN - 1674
This Brandenburg frigate was named after the former capital of Germany as long ago as 1674. It is known that this vessel was built in Holland and resembled a galleon. There are also records of a few naval skirmishes: at the end of 1676 the "BERLIN" captured the Swedish schooner "Maria" and 1675 overpowered the French frigate "Royal De Dunkerque".
Berlin is the largest vessels of the German Navy where this type of ship is called Einsatzgruppenversorger which can be translated as task force supplier though the official translation in English is combat support ship, or in military parlance, a oiler. They are intended to support German naval units away from their home ports. The ships carry fuel, provisions, ammunition and other material and also provide medical services. The ships are named after large German cities.
|Reference #||Dimensions (LxWxH)||Color|
|BER032||80 x 33 x 70 cm||Varnished & Painted|