BELLE POULE - FRENCH - 1834
The Belle Poule was a 60 gun frigate of the french navy, famous for bringing the remains of Napoléon from Saint Helene back to France in what became known as the return of the ashes.
Although construction started in 1828 was, the Belle Poule was launched only in 1834. She was one of the first ships built covered in a shipyard, which allowed builders to delay construction while the political and financial circumstances were not good. Her design was inspired by the USS Constitution class cruiser. She was commissioned in July 1835 and displayed a very good sailing properties.
|Reference #||Dimensions (LxWxH)||Color|
|BEP030||92 x 27 x 68 cm||Varnished|